Living in glorious Hawthorne real estate, we were hardly surprised when Brisbane was chosen to be the host of the ninth G20 summit. With the event now underway, we thought we'd share some important info from the Brisbane City Council to show you how to enjoy the event and whether it will affect your day-to-day life.
Events that are on:
- B-R-I-S-B-A-N-E: Ongoing until 16 November, a lit up sign spelling out Brisbane will be displayed across the city.
- Pillar Street Art Gallery: Brisbane's up-and-coming artists will transform the pillars on Merivale St to giant canvases for their art until 16 November.
- Colour Me Brisbane: Interaction light and projection installations across the city from 24 October to 9 November will light up the night and turn a night out on the town into an experience you'll never forget.
Friday 14 November is now a public holiday. Woo! We get a nice long weekend.
- Public transport will be reduced in the CBD and South Brisbane for the long weekend. Check the Translink website for updated changes.
- Roads will be closed in the CBD and South Brisbane from 11-17 November.Make sure to allow for extra travel time in these areas.
- There will be less parking in the CBD from 9-17 November.
Now that you know all the info, make sure you get out to some events and show the world why Brisbane is great.